The Rider University events calendar at rider.edu/events is the University’s central location for informing the campus community of the wide variety of events happening at Rider.
All calendar listings requests must be submitted and hosted, or sponsored by, a Rider University school or college, department, or an official student or alumni organization.
Examples of appropriate events include, but are not limited to: alumni events, athletic events, arts and culture events, community events, lectures, reoccuring campus events, social events, seminars and/or workshops.
Please see the various information needed for an event listing below.
- Event title
- For event title guidelines please see the Guidelines section below
- Teaser photo and description
- Please provide a photo or graphic with no text overlay. A centered logo is acceptable.
- Short description to provide viewers a preview of what the event is about. This description will display on rider.edu/events where all upcoming events are listed in full.
- Full event description (50 words or more)
- Provides full, descriptive detail of what the event will consist of. Information can include: what attendees can expect, key takeaways, speaker details/bio, complete event schedule (if it is a week or month long event), etc.
- Please note if this event is for Rider students, staff/faculty only or open to the public
- Date, time and location
- If virtual, please provide secure a link to the virtual platform where the event will be hosted (i.e. Zoom).
- Cost and/or ticket information (if applicable)
- Registration link (if applicable)
- Contact information (if applicable/necessary)
- If using an image to promote your event, please provide horizontal images only sized 1920x1080.
- If event artwork/graphics or other creative materials are needed, please submit a request for graphic design services to Creative Services.
Current and past event page examples:
Booking Your Event
To allow adequate time for event promotion, and approval and processing time for our team, please submit your calendar request at least 10 business days before the event. All submissions will be reviewed and approved by the office of University Marketing and Communications before they are published on the calendar.
- Keep your titles short and to the point. A general rule of thumb is to limit your event title to 50 characters or less including spaces.
- Titles should be able to stand alone and give people an understanding of what the event is and/or about if read without the description.
- Only in certain instances should the event title include the name of organizers or sponsors of the event. Otherwise, this information should be included in the event description.
When writing your event description, use the “inverted pyramid” style of writing, including all essential and attention-grabbing information at the top. Using this style of writing will place a stronger focus on the who, what and why of your event to further entice people to attend. All supporting information and/or details should follow.
Best practices to follow when writing an event description are:
- Make your description easy to scan by keeping sentences and paragraphs clear and concise.
- Use language that is easy to understand by most audiences. For example, if using an acronym that may be unfamiliar to some, spell it out.
- Be sure to include the name(s) of event organizers and/or sponsors.
- Please proofread the spelling and grammar of both the event title and description prior to submission.
To submit your event for inclusion on the Rider.edu Events calendar, please submit a Web Change ticket through the help desk.
To learn more about campus event planning, please visit the Auxiliary Services page for policies and resources.