School of Fine & Performing Arts Distinguished Alumni Awards
Established during the 2018-2019 academic year, the School of Fine & Performing Arts Distinguished Alumni Awards recognize outstanding achievement by graduates of the academic programs offered in the School of Fine and Performing Arts. The Selection Committee considers nominations or self-nominations from alumni, faculty, staff and friends of the School, according to the following criteria.
- Each awardee must have graduated from a major offered through the former Fine Arts Department or the current School of Fine and Performing Arts, including those who graduated in education with a second major in fine and performing arts
- While a student at Rider University, the individual would have distinguished themselves through one or more of artistic, academic, or leadership activities
- Since graduation, the individual has entered a professional field in or related to one of the disciplines reflected in the curricula of the former Fine Arts Department or the current School of Fine and Performing Arts
- Through their professional life and activity, the individual has distinguished themselves through contributions to the field, to a particular organization or community, to education, or has been recognized for professional achievements
- In the case of an “emerging” award, the individual has completed their formal performing arts education at Rider University and has been practicing in the profession for a minimum of two years; has demonstrated exceptional and ongoing achievements; and has achieved an exceptional level of recognition during the early stage of career in the arts or has demonstrated a modest body of work and is ready for the next steps in their artistic development.
SFPA Distinguished Alumni Award Winners
Distinguished Alumni Award 2019
William Mastrosimone '74
Ron Orbach '74
Distinguished Emerging Alumni Award 2019
Jon Gratton '11
Submit Your Nomination
Please enter the following information for each nomination.