Our Programs are Nationally Accredited
Periodic accreditation reviews and ongoing program evaluations assure that our philosophy and practices are current, we adhere to high standards, and we plan for future development. Program refinement occurs through self-study, strategic planning, and cooperative work with our various constituencies, which include public school personnel, colleagues in liberal arts and sciences, and colleagues in education programs in other institutions of higher education.
The College of Education and Human Services is currently accredited by Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), and the College has been accredited continuously since 1974.
The College of Education and Human Services graduate counseling programs are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), and are approved by the International Registry of Counsellor Education Programs (IRCEP).
The College of Education and Human Services graduate school psychology program holds the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) approval.
Westminster's music education program holds the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) approval.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Rider University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
The master’s degree programs and the post-master’s certificates in nursing program at Rider University are pursuing initial accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791. Applying for accreditation does not guarantee that accreditation will be granted.
- Elementary Education (undergraduate & post-baccalaureate)
- Secondary Education (undergraduate & post-baccalaureate)
- Music Education (undergraduate, NASM approved)
- Educational Leadership (Principal)
- Teacher of Students with Disabilities (Special Education)
- Programs seeking approval in 2022:
- Literacy/Reading Specialist (advanced)
- Teacher Leader (advanced)
- School Psychology (advanced, NASP approved)
- English as a Second Language (advanced)
- New program seeking approval in 2026:
- Alternate route teacher training (initial)
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Counseling Services (School Counseling Concentration)
- Also approved by IRCEP, an international affiliate of CACREP
- School Psychology
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Music Education