2021–2022 Academic Year Holidays:
- Labor Day – Monday, September 6, 2021
- Day Before Thanksgiving – Wednesday, November 24, 2021
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 25, 2021
- Day after Thanksgiving – Friday, November 26, 2021
- Christmas Day (celebrated) – Friday, December 24, 2021
- New Year’s Day (celebrated) – Friday, December 31, 2021
- Martin Luther King Day – Monday, January 17, 2022
- Spring Holiday – Friday, March 18, 2022
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 30, 2022
- Juneteenth (celebrated) – Monday, June 20, 2022
- Independence Day – Monday, July 4, 2022
To be paid for a Rider holiday, you must work or take an authorized paid day off on the scheduled workday before and after the holiday.
Non-faculty employees who are employed by the University on July 1 will receive two floating holidays (nurses receive one). New hire non-faculty employees hired between July 1 and December 31 will receive two floating holidays, except nurses who will receive one. New hire non-faculty employees hired between January 1 and May 30 will receive one floating holiday. New hire non-faculty employees hired during the month of June will not receive a floating holiday for that fiscal year. The use of floating holidays requires supervisory approval and may not be carried over into the next fiscal year.
The summer flex schedule will begin on Monday, May 17, 2021 and run through Friday, August 20, 2021. For additional information, please view the summer Flextime and Dress-Down Policy.
From Monday, December 27, 2021 through Friday, December 31, 2021, the University will again close to allow staff an extended holiday period and to conserve energy costs. The University will re-open on Monday, January 3, 2022.
Winter Reduced Work Schedule
Rider will operate on a reduced winter work schedule beginning Wednesday, December 22, 2021, through Friday, January 21, 2022, as follows:
- Monday through Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. to noon