"Westminster College of the Arts of Rider University is excited to begin another year of auditioning talented students for our many professional programs. All auditions will be held virtually this year. Although we wish we could see and hear you in-person, our top priority is and will continue to be the health and safety of you and all members of the Rider community. In addition to the virtual audition, there will be many other opportunities to connect virtually. We look forward to your audition and other conversations!" - Dr. Marshall Onofrio, Dean, Westminster College of the Arts
The following is important information for programs requiring an Audition or Interview as part of the application process for the Westminster College of the Arts.
Please review the specific academic and artistic requirements for your major. This information can be found on your school’s individual page.
- Organ Performance
- Voice Performance
- Music Education
- Sacred Music
- Theory and Composition
- Music (B.A.M.)
- Musical Theatre - Theatre with a Concentration in Musical Theatre (B.F.A. or B.A.)
- Theatre with a Concentration in Technical Theatre (B.A.)
- Acting for Film, Television, and Theatre (B.F.A.)
- Theatre with a Concentration in Theatre Studies (B.A.)
- Popular Music Studies with a Concentration in Performance (B.A.)
- Popular Music Studies with a Concentration in Songwriting (B.A.)
- Musical Theatre Direction: Primary Instrument Piano (B.M.)
- All Auditions and/or Interviews will be held virtually for 2020-2021
- Auditions and/or Interviews are required for admission to all Westminster Choir College and some School of Fine and Performing Arts programs.
- The first step of your audition or interview process, is to submit your Academic Application.
- Please visit your school’s specific page for further instruction.
- All auditions and interviews are evaluated by faculty members from the relevant departments.
- The Application Deadline for Musical Theatre is November 15.
- All PreScreen Materials must be submitted by that time.
- You cannot submit your academic application and your prescreen materials in the same day.
- It will take two to three days for us to build your customized Dashboard so that your prescreen materials can be uploaded
- Early Action is available to all majors except for the BFA in Musical Theatre or B.A. in Theatre with a Concentration in Musical Theatre
- The Trustee Scholarship Application is available to all Westminster College of the Arts applicants.
- All students interested in Early Action or the Trustee Scholarship must audition or interview before December 20.
- All students applying for the Trustee Scholarship must submit an application, and if applicable, Pre Screen Materials by November 15.
Westminster Choir College Undergraduate Audition & Interview Dates
- Saturday, December 5, 2020
- Saturday, January 23, 2021
- Saturday, February 27, 2021
School of Fine and Performing Arts Audition & Interview Dates
- Saturday, December 12, 2020
- Saturday, January 9, 2021
- Saturday, February 6, 2021
Regional Unified Dates
- New York - January 23 & January 24, 2021
- Chicago - February 8 & 9, 2021
- Los Angeles - February 13 & 14, 2021
*All dates are subject to change
If you have any questions regarding your audition or interview, please call the Office of Admission at 800-257-9026 or email: [email protected]