|If you would like to:||Please contact:|
|Receive tutoring support when planning for or writing a paper||Writing Studio [email protected]|
|Receive assistance with general study or reading strategies||Writing Studio [email protected]|
|Meet with a Success Coach||Academic Success Center [email protected]|
|Receive tutoring support for one of your courses||Academic Success Center [email protected]|
|Receive tutoring support from your Embedded Tutor for a CMP class||Embedded Tutoring [email protected]|
|Receive English Language Learning support||Writing Studio [email protected]|
|Receive assistance when preparing for Praxis||Academic Success Center [email protected]|
Please do not contact a tutor directly. Appointments will be set up in TutorTrac by the ASC administrative staff, and students will receive an email confirming the date and time of their appointments.
Please allow at least 24 hours for the ASC staff to arrange tutoring or other academic support.
We are happy to answer any questions about our services and opportunities for remote academic support. Please email us at [email protected]
What is TutorTrac?
TutorTrac is a web application that provides a convenient way for students to schedule appointments or review our tutoring schedules online. TutorTrac will automatically send email reminders of the date and time of appointments. Schedule an appointment or view tutoring schedules through TutorTrac.
How to Schedule Tutoring Appointments or to View Tutoring Schedules
To schedule appointments or view our tutoring schedules, please see the following instructions. Students can sign into TutorTrac by clicking the above link and using their Rider EasyPass.
*Appointments can be scheduled up to 2 weeks in advance and must be scheduled 48 hours in advance. If you are scheduling within 48 hours of the desired appointment time, please contact the Academic Success Center at 609-896-5008.
Check your Rider email for reminders of the date, time, and location of your scheduled appointment. Please let us know if you cannot attend your appointment. Students who miss 3 appointments will be blocked from scheduling subsequent appointments on their own. If this situation occurs, please contact our office.
NOTE: If the course you are taking is not listed under Tutoring Services, please stop by the Academic Success Center office, BLC 237 or call (609) 896-5008 to complete a Tutor Request form.
- Click on Search Availability (located in the Student Options box in the upper left-hand corner of the screen).
- Click on the Center you wish to use (located in the top box on the right side of the screen). The Center you select is dependent upon the type of tutoring you request:
- Select In-Person Supplemental Instruction to view the meeting times and locations of regularly scheduled Supplemental Instruction group sessions.
- Select In-Person Tutoring Services to schedule individual or small group appointments with Peer Tutors for most of the courses taught at Rider OR to view the meeting times and locations of regularly scheduled Drop in group sessions. If you are looking for remote options, please select Remote Tutoring Services instead.
- Select In-Person Writing Studio to schedule individual writing appointments with Student Writing Consultants or Professional Tutors or to schedule study strategy appointments with Professional Tutors. If you are looking for remote options, please select Remote Writing Studio instead.
- Select Embedded Tutoring for individual appointments with your assigned Embedded Tutor (ET). If you would like IN-PERSON tutoring with your ET, please email [email protected], or call 609-896-5008.
- Select In-Person Praxis to schedule individual appointments with Student Peer Tutors or Professional Tutors to prepare for your Education exams. If you are looking for remote options, please select Remote Praxis instead.
- Choose the course for which you would like assistance from the “Section” drop down list. For the In-Person Writing Studio or Remote Writing Studio, select what you need assistance with. Click on the Search button.
- (OPTIONAL) If you know the name of the tutor with whom you would like to schedule the appointment, you can also choose the name of the tutor from the consultant drop down list.
- Scroll across the page to see a list of tutors and their available time-slots.
- Click on the available time-slot to schedule your appointment. Select the “Reason” from the drop-down list (Individual or Group).
- Click the Save button once you are certain that you would like to schedule this appointment.