2022-2023 Academic Year Holidays:
- Labor Day - Monday, September 5, 2022
- Day Before Thanksgiving - Wednesday, November 23, 2022
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 24, 2022
- Day after Thanksgiving - Friday, November 25, 2022
- Christmas day (Celebrated) - Monday, December 26, 2022
- New Year’s Day (Celebrated) - Monday, January 2, 2022
- Martin Luther King Day - Monday, January 16, 2023
- Spring Holiday - Friday, March 17, 2023
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 29, 2023
- Juneteenth - Monday, June 19th, 2023
- Independence Day - Tuesday, July 4, 2023
To be paid for a Rider holiday, you must work or take an authorized paid day off on the scheduled workday before and after the holiday.
Non-faculty employees who are employed by the University on July 1 will receive two floating holidays (nurses receive one). New hire non-faculty employees hired between July 1 and December 31 will receive two floating holidays, except nurses who will receive one. New hire non-faculty employees hired between January 1 and May 30 will receive one floating holiday. New hire non-faculty employees hired during the month of June will not receive a floating holiday for that fiscal year. The use of floating holidays require supervisory approval and may not be carried over into the next fiscal year.
Rider's summer flextime schedule will commence on the Monday following commencement, May 16, 2022, and run through August 19, 2022. For additional information, please view the Summer Flextime and Dress-Down Policy.
From Tuesday, December 27, 2022 through Friday, December 30, 2022, the University will again close to allow staff an extended holiday period and to conserve energy costs. The University will re-open on Tuesday, January 3, 2023.